Get your sample by choosing part number(s) from the product page or using the search box above.Manually add part number(s) here
Amphenol CS is committed to meeting environmental compliance initiatives from government bodies as well as the initiatives from our customers. Major initiatives include but are not limited to RoHS, REACH, Responsible Minerals Sourcing, Low Halogen, etc. In order for Amphenol CS to meet the environmental compliance initiatives, we require our suppliers to meet Amphenol CS’s Environmental Compliance Specification for Products and Packaging (GS-47-0005).
EU RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU and 2015/863/EU:
- The majority of ACS parts do meet the requirements of EU RoHS directive 2011/65/EU and 2015/863/EU with or without exemptions. However we do have very few parts which are non compliant as it contains lead/cadmium used in plating which are used for customer special requirements such as military/aerospace applications as well as levels of lead above the allowable thresholds.
- EU RoHS compliant part numbers (PN) will be labeled either as “Directive 2011/65/EU and 2015/863 Compliant” or “Directive 2011/65/EU and 2015/863 Compliant with Exemption” and non compliant PNs will be labeled as “Directive 2011/65/EU and 2015/863 Not Compliant”.
- Since connectors are ‘components’ and are under the classification of spare parts they will not have a CE mark applied.
- Most of our LF parts meet the requirement for China RoHS except for the few parts which claim EU RoHS exemption 6 (lead (Pb) in copper alloy, steel and aluminium).
- China RoHS compliant parts will have logo and non-compliant parts will have logo in the product environmental compliance report.
- Most of our products do not contain any of the SVHC candidate lists of substances for the listing updated on 17 January 2022 except few parts which contains lead more than 0.1% (lead as an alloying element in copper alloys/steel and in plating).
- If any of SVHC candidate substances were found above the threshold limit of 0.1%, Amphenol CS will follow information obligation as per Article 33 of REACH regulation (EC No: 1907/2006).
- Amphenol CS will not place any parts into the European market which contain substances included in Authorization list (Annex XIV) and Restricted substance list (Annex XVII) of the REACH regulation.
- Amphenol CS supports customer initiatives to utilize low halogen products.
- Amphenol CS follows the “Low Halogen” definition according to JEDEC/ECA Standard JS709. i.e. “for components other than printed board and substrate laminates, the plastic within the component shall contain <1000 ppm (0.1%) of bromine [if the bromine source is from a BFR] and <1000 ppm (0.1%) of chlorine [if the chlorine source is from a CFR, PVC or PVC copolymer]”.
- Amphenol CS follows the “Halogen Free” definition according to IEC 61249-2-21 for any of our components or products. Halogen Free is defined as the component or product shall contain ≤ 900ppm of Chlorine or Bromine, and ≤ 1500ppm of Chlorine and Bromine combined from any source.
- Many products are currently Low Halogen and/or Halogen Free.
- Amphenol CS can provide customers with low halogen / halogen free products for any that are not currently low halogen / halogen free; requests are considered on a case by case basis.
Our customers can download a Certificate of Compliance letter/Environmental compliance Report on RoHS, REACH, Low Halogen etc., for most part numbers directly from our web site. Please click here to download environmental compliance report.
If the report is not available, customers can contact us at [email protected] and a Certificate of Compliance letter will be quickly provided.